SEAN P. REISER
FREELANCE DRUPAL DEVELOPER
Hi, I'm Sean, a Flushing, Queens based Web Developer who builds, repairs, maintains and supports Drupal websites.
Often I build sites on my own but, depending on your needs, I can hire outside contractors to get thing done faster. If you have a team in place and need another resource, I can work at your location with your team.
Please feel free to look through the rest of this site and evaluate my experience. Contact me if you decide I can be of service to you.
Good luck with your project!
|US Employment Eligibility||
|Years Experience in Software Development||
|Years Experience in Drupal||
Freelance Drupal Developer
- Design web strategies based on an evaluation of an organization's processes and upcoming needs.
- Architect and develop websites in Drupal versions 4.7, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
- Design, develop, and custom modules for Drupal 6, 7, and 8 in PHP5 and PHP7.
- Perform data migrations from Drupal 6 to 7, Drupal 7 to 8, and custom CMSs to Drupal 7 and 8. Migration API and Feeds API were heavily used.
- Upgrade custom Drupal Modules and Themes from Drupal 6 to 7 and Drupal 7 to 8.
- Liaise with designers, on-shore and off-shore developer and hosting partners.
- Perform periodic and security updates as they are issued on drupal.org.
- Please view my portfolio for samples of sites I've worked on.
In-house Contract Web Developer
- Performed full stack web development for all Markle websites including markle.org, skillful.com and other temporary websites. Sites were built in Drupal 7 and Drupal 8.
- Rearchitected and converted markle.org from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7
- Served as liaison between Markle and their design partner
- Migrated site to Pantheon’s Drupal cloud hosting service to improve performance and site reliability while reducing costs by $500 a month.
- Assisted Markle’s communications team in developing and realizing a new content strategy to effectively communicate Markle’s mission, programs and impact
- Implemented SOLR Search allowing for faster and more flexible searching
- Performed periodic security updates and maintenance tasks
Interim Development Manager
- Managed a team of 4 in-house programers and liaised with off-shore development teams
- Served as lead developer and technical architect for a job initiation system written in C#.NET using Visual Studio 2008, and SQL Server 2005. This three tier web forms application allowed clients to request work from the agency and provided global visibility to work in progress reducing duplicate work by 45%
- Advised “C level” executives at Enfatico and Enfatico’s parent company, WPP, on the use and position of Social Media and Networking properties
- Designed and developed a capital expenditure system in C#.NET, using Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2005. This product included tracking of management and finance approvals of capital expenditures for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance purposes
- Implemented a blog, staff directory and wiki based on Drupal 6.0 for internal and client facing collaboration. Several custom modules were written in PHP5 giving employees access to internal HR databases and tools. A theme was implemented based on a design laid out by internally graphic design staff
- Designed and developed an automated mutual fund analytics engine in C#.NET using Visual Studio 2005, and SQL Server 2005. This application runs automated on a nightly basis, and determines a value for individual mutual funds based on the value and volatility of the component stocks in the funds
- Supported and maintained a legacy mutual fund rating system written in Visual FoxPro, C#.net, and Visual Basic 6.0 while developing the new analytics engine
- Architected a port of a CA-Clipper application to xHarbour
The Clayton Group
- Supported and maintained a loan review system written in Clipper 5.2
- Designed reporting system in Visual FoxPro
- Ported a mortgage due diligence application to xHarbour, an open source compiler based on Clipper. This application is used by over 200 mortgage underwriters weekly ensuring mortgages sold on the secondary market are in legal compliance. The rules engine from this application was converted into a DLL for Clayton’s next generation due diligence system, which has a .NET front end
- Implemented 3DES encryption in VB.NET to encrypt data in stored in flat tables
- Separated UI, business rules, and data access into a three-tier architecture allowing a peel away strategy for porting the application from a DOS based application into a modern windows application
- Designed, coded and implemented a VB.NET application to import flat Clipper data tables into a data warehouse. The data warehouse is stored in SQL Server 2005. The application used SQL Server’s DTS to import the data
- Implemented a Blog and Wiki for internal team communications using Drupal
Citigroup (formerly AST Stockplan, Inc)
Vice President, Information Systems
- Supervised a team of 8 in-house developers in developing a stock plan administration system
- Served as liaison to offshore development teams
- Designed a disaster recover plan while was implemented in the wake of 9/11 with no loss of data or business
- Managed system and data migration plan for the merger of Citigroup’s and AST StockPlan’s systems
- Rearchitected ESPP process flow reducing processing time by 25% while increasing accuracy by 75%
The Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corporation
- Supervised a team of 8 developers supporting and maintaining a mortgage originations system written in CA-Clipper 5.2
- Automated the process of retrieving credit scores allowing fast approval of credit applications
- Designed and implemented an application running on the Palm Pilot allowing more efficient home appraisals
Law Journal Information Systems
- Maintained a vertical market application written in CA-Clipper, which provided New York State docket information to law firms
- Designed, implemented and maintained CA-Cliper applications for the day to day running of the business including programs to track the status of title applications and billing
Sr. Support Technician
- Provided online and telephone technical support for Computer Associates’ programming languages
Drupal Versions 6,7,8, Site Building, Responsive Theming, Module Development, Drupal Administration, Maintenance and Support
Website Infrastructure Management
Linux, Apache, MySql, Varnish, Memcache, Apache SOLR, Bash
Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Training, Mentoring, Code Review, Performance Review,Full Project Lifecycle, Requirements Gathering, Use Cases, Build vs. Buy, Vendor Selection
Clipper, FoxPro, dBase, Harbour, xHarbour, xBase++, Delphi
Event Photography, Corporate Headshots, Portraiture, Landscapes, Photo Editing, Photo Recovery
Drupal Website Development
I provide development services for new and existing Drupal websites.
I have 12 years experience serving as a Project Lead, Website Developer, Themer, and Site Builder for Non-Profits, Small Companies, Digital Agencies, Media Companies, and Startups on their Drupal websites.
I will build you a brand new website. If you need help with strategy, design or just the technical know-how to build your site, I can help.
I will do any fixes for your site. If your site doesn't look right on certain browsers, you're getting error messages or things just not working, I can find a solution for you.
I will give your existing site the new functionality you need, freshen up its look and make things run more efficiently.
I will review your site configuration, server, hosting, and any custom code on your site for security issues and resolve those issues.
Drupal Website Support and Maintenance
I maintain websites for small business and non-profits.
I understand that you don't have the time or expertise to support, manage and maintain your organization's website and you don't have the need to have an in-house developer. I can be your website department. Some of the services I can provide for you include:
I will do a complete audit of your site and document any issues you may have. I will verfy you are up to date, your custom modules and themes follow Drupal's best practices and your site is secure.
I will apply security updates for Drupal Core and Contributed Modules within 24 hours of them being issued by the Drupal community. All updates are tested on a copy of your site before being applied to your live site.
I apply other updates for Drupal Core and Contributed Modules on a monthly basis, if possibile at a time when there's less disruption to your users. All updates are tested on a copy of your site before being applied to your live site.
I will ensure you website is up and running, review server logs, ensure backups are working, monitor performance and answer questions about your site. If I am not hosting your site, I will liaise with your host to resovle any issues.
I will repair any bugs on your website. Whether it's an error message, something that's broken or not working or adust thing that don't look quite right.
I will host your site on a platform customized for Drupal. If your site is hosted on a shared host, it can be slower and less stable. Hosting on a platform optimized for Drupal is a quick way to improve your site's performance.
I offer custom subscription plans depending on your organization's needs. I can also offer these services on an a la carte basis. If you want to ensure that your website is stable and secure please feel free to contact me.
I have 12 years experience developing Drupal websites.
I've had a role in building over 150 Drupal Websites for Non-Profits, Small Companies, Digital Agencies, Media Companies and Startups. Here is a selected sample of the sites I've worked on